Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
City-Data. How to access information from the website
The website City-Data offers detailed, informative profiles for every city in the United States.
Click here to go to the website's home page: City-Data
Look at tabs on the top menu bar and select Cities. Click on the link to NY.
- Select the drop down bar under Filter Cites and select Bigger Cities. Type the city in the Box below that says Name.
- The town will appear below the box as an interactive link. Select the link.
- All the details for the town will appear such as income, population, crime, etc.
- You will also be able to access the interactive map from this page for a more detailed analysis of different sections/blocks of the city you are analyzing.
- Scroll down the page until you see the map, then select the map.
- Once at the map you can select an area of the United States to explore. Simply click on a state and an overview of the state will appear in a box next to the map.
- You can change the type of information that is displayed by selecting the Data drop down box and choosing a category. The information in the box will update to reflect the current category.
- To view the map in a large screen, select the box with the four arrows.
- You can use the zoom in and out buttons to narrow your search to cities, town and sections of towns or,
- You can enter the zip code or town name in the search box in the upper right hand corner.
- Once you zoom in on an area, you can compare sections and blocks of a neighborhood.