Get free scholarly content from Google Scholar
Unpaywall is a free browser extension from Google Chrome that enables searcher to legally access full text research papers from its open access content. Download the free extension from the Web Store on Google Chrome. Then go to Google or Google scholar and search for an article. You will see a tab on the right side of the screen with a picture of a lock. If the box is green, the article is free. If the box is grey, the article is not available for free.
Make sure to look at the starred databases
- Academic One File: Comprehensive database
- Agriculture Collection
- Business and Company ASAP
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts - Custom Newspapers
- Diversity Studies
- Environmental Studies and Policy Collection
- Fine arts and Music - Gardening
- General One File: News and periodical articles.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center
- Home Improvement - National Newspaper Index
- History Resource Center: The World
- New York State Newspapers
- Pop Culture
- Popular Magazines
- Psychology Collection
- Religion - Philosophy
***Science Resource Center
- Science in Context
- The Twayne's Author Series
- Vocations, Careers and Technical Education
***US History in Context
***World History in Context
*** Gale Ebooks. - History in Dispute and Archives Unbound
It is very important to use the ADVANCED SEARCH in JSTOR. This will allow you to narrow your search by keywords AND limit your results to journals in specific subject areas giving you fewer, more accurate results. For example, when doing a search for articles on Civil Rights you can limit the journals JSTOR will search to History Titles.
*** When you log in from home look under the JSTOR logo in the right hand corner. If it says, Your access to JSTOR provided by South Side High School, you are logged in.
Digital library of books and articles with an academic orientation.